“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” ~ Albert Einstein
For the past two weeks, we have been discussing the peace of mind that comes from knowing you have done your very best.
If you do the best you can, given the circumstances in which you find yourself, what more is there?
Yes, we can all do better.
We can all live up to the true promise of our life, turning possibilities and potentialities into true opportunities.
We can actually DO what we INTEND.
We can become all that we are meant to be.
We can Intentionally choose EXCELLENCE over mediocracy… each and every day we are alive. (Which, of course, is the whole point of The Power of TQ and 10 Choices of Intentional Excellence!)
How wonderful would life be right now if we all did everything we could to achieve our personal goals… feed the hungry… love one another as we would love ourselves?
Leaving Nothing Out.
“The miracle is this: The more we share, the more we have.” ~ Leonard Nimoy
Please, Do Not Get Distracted…
As I said all last week, I want you to PROMISE to not get distracted with life’s incessant problems, fears, and doubts… but rather, remain focused on the beauty of your dreams. That is the source of tremendous personal power.
Another year has come and gone. The Miracle of Christmas is now upon us.
Want the miracle of a truly wonderful life in the coming months and years? Now is the time to plan for those miracles!
Personally, I want to change the world. I don’t like where it is headed. Too much hate and destruction. Not enough love and tolerance.
So, what am I going to DO about it? Start working on my personal Miracles… to make ME the best me the world has ever seen!
“We can see a thousand miracles around us every day. What is more supernatural than an egg yolk turning into a chicken?”~ Rutherford Platt
Because I truly “Think TQ,” I know I need to turn up the intensity of each of my 10 Colors.
Here’s what I am going to do to LIVE a wonderful life in 2018, 2019 and beyond… to help miracles find me a bit more frequently:
- Get off my “buts” and improve my physical ENERGY level. I’m not good to anyone if I am run down, burned out and constantly running on empty.As many of you know, I was officially dead at 8:35 AM on June 23, 2005. Just how productive is that?!This year I will be in optimum health and have those 5 by-passes working their little “hearts” out, I am back at the top of my game!
- Make sure my MISSION includes helping people who can’t help themselves. My personal MISSION is to turn up the TQ of 100 million people throughout the world… creating a huge shift in personal performance, productivity and effectiveness.Imagine the force of 100 million people all working and living at their full potential. Should be MORE than enough to influence future generations.
- Cultivate a more optimistic ATTITUDE on life. Sometimes I feel like an old “no it all.” No, we can’t do this… NO, we can’t do that.This has to stop if I want to change the world. Changing the world starts right here… right now.
- Follow my heart more often when I create my biggest GOALS… not just next quarter’s bottom line. I promise to make 100% certain that each of my most compelling goals 100% of my core personal values. Yes, 100%.
As Kent and I have been saying for the past 3 months, this is a LIFE AND DEATH issue. The simple truth is, you are spending the ONLY life you have to live. It is up to you to make certain that you live what’s most important to you… each and every day.
If you set goals that are aligned with what you value most, you will live what’s most valuable to you. If not, you are committing slow-motion suicide… dying a little inside each day.
- Make more realistic PLANS that are better founded in what can be done, rather than what I want done.
- PRIORITIZE my day better by choosing to spend my time on things that are worthy of MY time and attention.
- Create greater SYNERGY through the compounding of time and talent. Too late I find that I should have delegated more, to gain more.
- Get and stay ORGANIZED, and not permit even one minute of my precious time be lost on looking and looking and looking and not finding!
- Make OPTIMUM use of my time and energies. Too often I find myself working against the clock. I need to make the clock work for me.
- Remain an ACTION oriented proponent of change, and not permit fear, intimidation, and doubt to rob me of the miracle of the future.
Make your list. Check it twice.
No question, I want 2018 to turn out better than 2017 for every person on the planet. This includes ME. This includes YOU.
Yes, I believe we can all become lighting rods for miracles. I truly believe.
Do you? — E.R. Haas, CEO
How To Become A Lighting Rod For Miracles…
The simple answer: By PLANNING Miracles into your days!
Last week, I asked you to PRIORITIZE your list of goals… BEFORE you invest a year of your life pursuing them. Assuming you did this, I now want you to PLAN for your success.
Do You Have A Plan For Your Success?
Make Plans Factor 5d asks if you “write your plans with defined steps that lead to specific major objectives?”
Hitting your objectives a great deal more frequently would be a MIRACLE of sorts, wouldn’t it?!
TQ Factor 5d offers a fool-proof way to make that Miracle happen each and every day!
Every goal — regardless of how complex or difficult — is nothing more than a series of steps that must be completed, from one objective to another. A written plan includes all of the critical objectives that must be met to be successful. It also provides the step-by-step instructions for the actions that must be taken and the resources that must be available, to reach each objective. With a clear set of instructions, you can go anywhere and achieve anything you want — one “do-able” step at a time.
Factor CONTRIBUTION to your performance…
A high commitment suggests you are well-prepared and highly productive at whatever you set out to do. You are capable of reaching almost any destination you desire because you have the ability to write a specific set of instructions for how to get there. With a carefully crafted plan, you take on things that others would consider impossible. Your confidence to proceed comes from your basic skill of identifying “do-able” steps to get from one major objective to another. With a fully detailed map in hand, the key to your success is following your own instructions — step-by-step.
Factor COST to your success…
A lack of commitment suggests you may know where you want to go but you have no idea how to proceed. Your progress toward each of your goals is slower than you’d like. By not thinking through the best route in advance, you are often delayed as you stop to reconsider the next move. This “making-it-up-on-the-fly” routine causes you to take numerous wrong turns and forces you to retrace many of your steps. Every time you feel lost, you lose a little of the hope that you’ll ultimately succeed — and any hope that you’ll actually arrive on time.
The BENEFIT of choosing to do Factor 5D a bit more frequently: You have more power…
Your most difficult goals are simplified to a series of single steps leading in one direction. You accumulate performance positives like “Detailed, Thorough and Deliberate” — immediately moving you towards the results you expect.
What happens when you FAIL to consistently do Factor 5D? You have less power…
It takes a lot longer to get where you want to go because you haven’t prepared a detailed map in advance. Negatives like “Ambiguous, Uncertain and Indefinite” start to take their toll on your performance — quickly moving you away from the success you want.
“Ability is of little account without opportunity.” ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
The New Year Is Full Of Hope, Promise, and Opportunity…
Take some time this week to create a simple plan for the next few years of your life. To help you do this, here’s an early Christmas gift from Team TQ. Simply download The TQ Calendar Examples and Forms.
Kent, I and the entire Team TQ wish you the most wonderful Christmas Holidays ever… and the most successful year possible!
E. R. Haas, CEO